and there are things i can't believe...
Best of the Net
- "Mother I Make Up" (Longleaf Review, creative nonfiction 2018)
- "The Difference Between a Window and a Mirror" (Wrapround South, fiction 2018)
- "Marital Milestone" (Flock, poetry 2017)
- "One Refugee to Another" (Spilled Milk, poetry 2017)
- "Lexicon for Foreign Love" (Pidgeonholes, poetry 2016)
- "i watch dishes" (Third Point Press, poetry 2015)
- "I Could Not Explain the Abortion Without Referencing Smaller Things" (Cloudbank Books, poetry 2018)
- "Oscar Dees, No Apologetics Please" (Anchor & Plume Press, poetry 2016)
Best Small Fictions
- "Your Superior" (Fiction, Corium Magazine, 2017)
First Prize, ASPS 2018 Poetry Contest
poem: "Pinprick Aubade"
Winner, Best Poetry Book of 2016 (Alabama State Poetry Society)
poetry chapbook: Objects in Vases published by Anchor & Plume Press
Winner, 2016 Brighthorse Fiction Collection Prize (Brighthorse Books)
fiction collection: Every Mask I Tried On
Finalist, Cobalt/Thumbnail Flash Fiction Chapbook Contest (Cobalt Press)
flash chapbook: Stories Left Under Magnets
Finalist, 2016 Very Short Fiction Story Contest (Glimmer Train)
fiction: "The Chance of That Happening"
Finalist, 2016 Gazing Grain Press Prose Chapbook Prize
Finalist, 2016 Gazing Grain Press Poetry Chapbook Prize
chapbook: Words for Mornings After
First Honorable Mention, 2016 ASPS Poetry Prize
poem: "For the Child Named After An Existentialist"
Finalist, 2016 First Annual Dirty Chai Chapbook Contest (Dirty Chai Press)
chapbook: I Saw. You Look.
Finalist, 2015 Robert Dana Poetry Award (Anhinga Press)
Finalist, 2015 Fiction Chapbook Competition (Gertrude Press)
chapbook: I Saw. You Look.
Honorable Mention, 2015 Helen Short Story Contest, Judge Tracy Guzeman (Helen Literary Magazine)
fiction: "Hubcap, Frog, and Luna Moth"
Finalist, 2015 Fiction Southeast Editor's Prize (Fiction Southeast)
fiction: "Mother-In-Law Collection"
Semifinalist, 2015 Mary Ballard Poetry Prize (Casey Shay Press)
chapbook: i watch dishes
Semifinalist, 2015 Press 53 Award for Poetry (Press 53)
collection: Doinas, Doughnuts, and Icons
Semifinalist, 2015 Atlantis Award (The Poet's Billow), Judge Devon Moore
poems: "Watching the Wall Fall From Alabama", "The Communist At Catholic School", "A Memory Belonging to Bill Ayers"
Semifinalist, 2015 Joy Harjo Poetry Contest (Cutthroat)
poem: "How It's Done"
Finalist, 2015 Black Warrior Review Poetry Contest, Judge Richard Siken
poems: "Watching the Wall Fall From Alabama", "Introduction to Gender Studies", and "I Remember and I Don't"
Semifinalist, 2014 Mary Ballard Poetry Prize (Casey Shay Press)
letters in the margins
Honorable Mention, 2014 Short Story Award for New Writers (Glimmer Train)
short fiction: "Carpool"
Runner-Up, 2014 Bureaucratic Lit Contest (the NewerYork)
poems: "Analytic Posturing", a series of four survey poems